This includes most medical and dental expenses, such as doctor bills, prescription drugs and other over-the-counter medication when approved by a doctor. Show examples.
- Health and hospitalization insurance policy premiums
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Medical and dental care (including psychotherapy and rehabilitation)
- Hospitalization or outpatient treatment, nursing care, and nursing home care
- Transportation and lodging to obtain medical treatment or services (like doctor visits)
- Medicare premiums (including cost-sharing or spend down expenses)
- Dentures, hearing aids, and prosthetics
- Eye glasses prescribed by a doctor
- Maintaining an attendant, homemaker, home health aide, or child care services, housekeeper, necessary due to age, infirmity, or illness
- Other medical equipment (like wheelchairs, CPAP machines, and blood glucose monitors)
- Securing and maintaining a seeing eye or hearing dog
Other categories of medical expenses may be included. The verification process for medical expenses varies by state.